Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My Impressions of Social Bookmarking (so far)

I am only beginning to feel comfortable using this new tool, so I can't think of too many ways yet that I will be able to use it in my work.
The sites that I have tagged are: geocaching.com, amazon.com, legacyfive.com, christmemorial.net, seattle.mariners.mlb.com and krl2pt.0.
Two things have come to mind so far. The first is that I plan to make a list of my favorite books. Our branch has a display of staff picks for our patrons to check out. Many times it would be easier for me if I also had a list to give them. Along this same line, I would like to make a list of popular Christian fiction authors and their series. This genre is so popular and sometimes it is hard to think of them in a moment's time when asked by patrons. If I had a list of the best series, I could just easily share it when asked.

1 comment:

krl2pt0 said...

Keep all these ideas percolating for another few days. LibraryThing is next up, and I think it will be right up your alley.

bc