Tuesday, November 13, 2007

FANTASTIC FUN WITH FLICKR

It is almost time to head on home for the day, but I decided to work on this week's activity before I left. I wasn't too excited about it--just thought I should get it done. WOW! Was I in for a treat! I think I could get addicted with this if I wasn't careful.

I decided since time is of a premium for me that I would choose to do Option 1. I decided that I would do searches on some of my favorite Southern Gospel groups and then my favorite artists.

I found a few hits on my favorite groups: Legacy Five and Greater Vision, but what really wowed me was seeing so many photos of my favorite artists and their works. I started out with Susan Point. I have 2 of her limited edition prints in my home. The pictures were fantastic. Then I moved on to Charles Wysocki. I love his work and have lots of it in my home. Last of all, I searched for deGrazia. He is famous for his pictures of small Indian children of the Southwest. I have many of his works in my home, including some hand-cast (is there such a word?) bronze miniature figures made from his pictures. These are limited editions and have not been available on the retail market for several years. My pride and joy of his work though is a book written about him. The book contains prints of hundreds of his most famous pictures. The icing on the cake is that the book was purchased by a friend of mine at the Kingston Friends of the Library Booksale for $1. It is signed by the artist and by the author. What a treasure! One of my goals is to someday go to Tucson Arizona and visit his museum: Gallery of the Sun.

I wish there were more hours in the day. I would love to be able to spend more time on Flickr. I can think of so many photos I would love to add.

2 comments:

krl2pt0 said...

sounds like you found some great personal connections on flickr. after RSS, i'm glad you had some fun.

bc

Booklady's Bin said...

Me too! I thought Flickr was fun. I hadn't yet seen Library Thing. This tops them all for me!