Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Kitsap Readers' Favorites

I really liked the Stevens County wiki. It looks like they thought of almost everything.

I thought about what KRL could offer on our wiki and the idea came to me that we could have a similar one to Stevens County, but we could call it "Kitsap Readers' Favorites." We could ask for input from all of our staff and patrons and have a website of lists of favorites, including: Books, Restaurants, Galleries, Movies, Schools, Parks, Neighborhoods, Recipes, Churches, Outdoor Activities, Indoor Activities and any other lists of favorites that we could think of.

Sometimes I find that I would just like some new ideas and would love to see lists from others in our area. Guidebooks are usually written by someone off in New York or wherever and I would just like something written by our neighbors right here in Kitsap County.

The value that I see in wikis and especially in one using my idea is that it would be continually in a state of change, with favorites being added often.

No comments: