Friday, January 25, 2008

SUE'S SITES FOR STUDENTS

I loved this week's work. Sites for Students could truly be a godsend.
I toured 4 of the sites as I just couldn't get enough of them and wanted to see as much as time would allow. I loved Zoho Writer and Backpack and signed up for both of them. It seemed to me that Zoho Writer was so intuitive and could be a great help to anyone with a computer but not able to afford purchasing Word. It was so simple and fun to use! I am hoping that I will be able to spend some more time on Backpack. I am a person who loves to make "To Do" lists, so this is right up my alley. The other 2 sites I visited were OpenOffice and Stikkit. Neither of these appealed to me very much. OpenOffice might be nice, but it just seemed way more difficult than Zoho Writer.
I think that both Zoho Writer and Backpack would be useful to almost anyone--students on up to anyone still able to use a computer. I know that I will recommend them to my patrons.

No comments: