Wednesday, January 23, 2008

WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL WIKIS

Today I added 2 sections to our branch wiki. Time permitting, I will enjoy finessing this a little at a time. So far, I have worked alone with the additions, but I would like to have all of my staff have input, especially concerning their skills and hobbies.
I am enjoying the whole krl2.0 curriculum although at this point I am a few weeks behind. There is just not enough time for everything and sometimes this gets shoved to the back burner.
I would really like to see all of the branches have info about their branches in their wikis. This is what I miss the most about our website. Years ago when we first had a KRL website, there was a little section of history, etc. on each branch. Since that part is now gone, maybe the wikis could be an alternate way of having a little branch history, etc.

1 comment:

krl2pt0 said...

i think your approach - encouraging input from all your staff - goes right to the heart of what wikis, and in a larger sense, a lot of the 2.0 stuff, are about.

"engagement" is the word of the hour. to me, engaging someone is encouraging them to let their voice be heard, making sure they see something of themselves represented in the environment we create.

a tip of my virtual hat to your efforts.

bc